As the cold weather continues, we must be proactive when it comes to staying safe. From driving in the snow to walking on icy sidewalks, there are plenty of dangerous situations you may find yourself in this season. In order to help you stay safe and free of injury this winter, we’ve found some tips you may want to keep in mind.
Helpful Tips from the CDC
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, there are lots of ways we can protect ourselves in winter. Some of these tips include:
- Keep a winter emergency kit in both your car and your home with supplies like blankets, a flashlight, and batteries
- Prepare a stockpile of water and nonperishable, pre-cooked food in your home
- Do not travel during periods of weather service advisories
- Scatter sand, salt, or cat litter on icy sidewalks and driveways to melt ice and prevent falls
- Visit this site for ice melt that is safe for pets
Helpful Tips from Scartelli Olszewski
- Keep a pair of snow boots in the car in case you have to walk to safety
- Try to maintain a full or near full tank of gas in the car
- Store extra windshield washer fluid in the car
Where to Go if You’ve Been Hurt
To learn more about these tips and other advice on keeping safe during winter, visit this link. If you were the victim of a slip and fall, car accident, or other personal injury this winter, contact us today for a free consultation.