You’ve just gotten into a car accident and you think you may be injured. This event may be scary for you, confusing, and overwhelming in general. Try to stay calm. Here’s what to do and what not to do if you think you may have been injured in a car accident.
What you should do immediately after you’ve been injured in a car accident
- Immediately after being injured in a car accident and once in a safe place, you should do the following if able:
- Call 911 and request an ambulance if necessary for you or others involved
- If possible, take pics of your injuries, impact points on both vehicles as well as the entire accident scene and its surroundings including skid marks and nearby signs
- Write down any information you can think of, no matter how insignificant it seems. Information such as; time of day, what other people said, contact info of other drivers/witnesses, and even the weather conditions.
- Contact your insurance company and tell them you were injured in an accident. Keep your comments factual; don’t speculate on what may have happened.
- If the other side’s insurance company calls you, take down their name and phone number and tell them you will have your lawyer contact them.
- Contact an attorney and tell them you’ve been injured in a car accident and need representation. They will advise you on what to do next.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, call us
According to the Consumer Panel Survey of Car Accident Victims, “Paying for Auto Injuries,” settlement amounts for people who were injured in a car accident are roughly 40% higher if they had an injury lawyer help them with their case. A personal injury lawyer will take a fee only when your case is settled or won. At no time do you pay out of pocket.
Talk to us for free by calling us at (877) 353-0529, or filling out the contact form below: